Thursday, November 3, 2016

My writing

MY WRITING BLOG POST
Hi guys and welcome back to another blog post. For todays blog post I am going to be blogging about my writing. In this blog post you will find out some facts and learn some new things about my writing like what my writing level is, what I am aiming on for my next writing level, how I enjoy writing and lots more. So that is all you need to know for the intro so lets get onto the actual blog post.

So for starters I am a level 2ii and I am trying to get to a level 3i or a level 3ii. I aim for things that i want to be better at like for my writing i really want to at least be a level 3i. The writing that I do is mostly at my level if it is not I am either at a lower level or I am at a higher level. 

I absolutely love writing it is one of my favourite subject in school. I love writing because you can learn lots of things and it is really fun and I really like it. My favorite thing about writing is getting to write anything and how you get to learn a lot of different things .I think that it is just really really fun to write. 


So now I am going to be showing you my writing. For this weeks writing I am doing a compare and a contrast essay which is at a level 4i writing. I chose to compare and contrast a wolf and a domesticated dog. During my writing I found out a lot of different facts and I also did a lot of editing. And I mean a lot of editing I had to make sure it made sense and that took forever. I had to make sure that it was at my personal best. and a lot more editing and that was the hard part because all I wanted to do was just finish it but I had to edit it lots of times.


Essay Success Criteria
  • Uses scientific vocabulary
  • Revised and edited
  • Accurate paragraphs with subheadings
  • Essay structure followed
  • No personal pronouns
  • Factual
  • Detailed ideas
  • Sentences- different lengths and beginnings
  • Optional personal goal



Comparing wolves and dogs

By comparing wolves and domesticated dogs they don't have lots of similarities that make them kind of unique from each other. While both wolves and domesticated dogs still have lots of different and unique facts.

Similarities

Dogs and modern day wolves are involved in a common ancestor. Some of the ancestors were from 333,000 years ago. And from then dog and wolves have shared many trails that have linked them through the mallaina.    

Both wolf and dog have the same start of their scientific name which is Canis lupus but in the dog's scientific name they have the familiars part in it. Dogs and wolves are exactly the same species. That is because now the dog is now known as the Canis Lupus Familiaris and not just Canipus Familiars.

Dogs and wolves are carnivores but the dog is just a bit more omnivorous than a carnivore. An omnivore is when you eat meat and plants so a dog is a carnivore but they are also an omnivore because they eat plants. And a carnivore is when you only eat meat so a wolf also known as the grey wolf will only eat meat.   
Wolves

The wolf is a carnivores which means that they only eat meat. A single wolf is capable of catching a deer for their dinner. But they will also choose to eat smaller mammals, bird fish lizards snakes, fish and fruit. If they are in a pack they will also catch larger mammals like deer, moose or elk.   

The gray wolf which is also known as the wolf’s head and body is 91-160 centimeters tall and their tail is 33-51 centimeters long. Wolves way about 40-175 lbs which is also known as 18-79 kgs. A wolf is 80-85 centimeters tall when they are adults at their shoulder. A wolf can live up to 6-8 years in the wild.

All of the wolves travel and hunt in a pack of 8 or 7. The leaders are the mum and dad also known as the alphas. Then the mum and dad have to bring along their pups and their older offspring. The leaders will always make sure that their pack is safe, choose and hunt prey and choose den sites and establish the pack's territory. Wolves do not actually howl at night they are most likely to howl at dawn and they will also howl more lighter at night.    
Dogs

Dogs will bury their toys and bones for later savings. Dogs actually do howl but their howl has more of a bark in it. Dogs have lots of useful tasks for humans like hunting farm work and helping out blind ones. Dogs have an amazing sense of smell they can smell 100 million times lower than a human can. Dogs have a remarkable sense of smell they are better than humans at earing. Dogs can hear four times the distance.

The dog's height is 6.3-110 cm tall this at the shoulder. A labrador retriever is 65-80 lbs, the german shepherd is 75-95 lbs. And the yorkshire terrier is less than 7 lbs. And last but not least the golden retriever is 65-75 lbs. The dogs actual life span is 10-13 years.    

The dogs nickname is called the man’s best friend. Because the dogs have formed such a great bond as being humans pets that they have decided to call them a nickname. Which has turned up to be a man's best friend.

Conclusion
Both wolves and dogs are to medium sized mammals that are carnivores. They both have lots of things in common, while they both have lots of unique facts.    

No comments:

Post a Comment